Saturday, February 20, 2010

Prezi - Dr. Seuss

I have been looking into a new site called Prezi. This site allows you to create more visually appealing presentations rather than just a standard PowerPoint. I saw one that Dianne McKenzie created on her blog. It was so cool! The upcoming Dr. Seuss biography lesson seemed like a great time to try this out. I found the site a bit confusing at first. Their online tutorials were not as helpful as they could be, but I was able to figure it out. There are some parts of my presentation I would like to improve such as layering more artwork under the text and adding my talking points in a note section. I feel this is a good start. The presentation will be used with all of my classes this week when they come in for a book exchange. One of the ways we celebrate Read Across America is with a daily triva question read over the loud speaker of our school. The first homeroom to buzz in with the answer wins a book from the library for their classroom library. This year, we will use the information in this Prezi to create the questions for the kids. The embedded version here does cut off some of the words in the show. If you click the Dr. Seuss link directly below the show it will take you to the Prezi site where it can be viewed full screen.

3 comments:

Dianne McKenzie said...

Great job Amy - prezi does take some fiddling, but it is rewarding when you finally get it sorted!

Well done for your perserverence and a great presentation!

Amy said...

Thanks Dianne! I will be using Prezi again. Thanks for introducing me to this neat tool!

Unknown said...

Looks great Amy!