Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day

Today was very exciting and strange at the same time. I sat in my office and watched the staff gather in the Media Center. It was odd not being in my former classroom, not stressing over name tags or bus lists. I was ready with my Units of Study outline and magazine sign up sheets. The meeting, filled with new faces, was short but informative. The staff seemed receptive but unsure of this new direction that I was asking them to move toward. I was able to meet my assistant and plan with a few teachers. I am hoping to have my schedule solidified by tomorrow and start planning lessons.
I began my next class at Rutgers tonight. I love going to class in my PJ's! My instructor is Alice Yucht. It's the first day of class but you can already tell that she is extremely organized and knowledgeable. We already have a lot of homework!
I am ready to begin this year. I know there will be bumps in the road but I am ready to strap into the jeep and enjoy the ride!

No comments: