Saturday, July 26, 2008

Web 2.0

I am trying to learn as much as I can about web 2.0 technology. There is a coworker who has really motivated me to learn more about it. She has an entire blog devoted to web 2.0. Recently School Library Journal put out a challenge to learn more about web 2.0 this summer. I have taken up the challenge! The first task was to create a blog. So I was already ahead of the game! Love that feeling!
The second task was to look into Google Reader. The idea being that instead of going to many sites to get information you set up an account with Google and subscribe to different sites. That way you can go to one site and all the things you'd like to read about are right there waiting for you. Wow!
So far I still feel like I am looking everywhere and spending much time reading everything. I think over time I will become more selective about what I subscribe to. Right now I feel like this huge room of wonderful ideas has just been unlocked and I can't waste a minute not reading something!

No comments: